Gosh it feels good to be back and talking about food! I’ve got lots of great posts planned but as y’all know, football is first and foremost on my mind these days. Auburn has a couple of big weekends coming up with playing the University of Georgia and University of Alabama at home. (WAR EAGLE by the way!) While not all of us are going to be able to go to the game, you better believe I’ll be watching it at home. Why not go ahead and have some friends over while you’re at it and make it a fun tailgate and game watching party at home! One of Riche’s favorite tailgating dishes is my Buffalo Chicken Dip. While not overly creative, it sure is packed full of flavor and hearty for a cool tailgating day (especially if you like to enjoy some pregame cocktails like we do!)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup ranch dressing (you can also use blue cheese if you prefer a slightly stronger flavor)
- 3/4 cup red hot sauce or buffalo wing sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken, drained ( or equivalent rotisserie or freshly-cooked, chopped chicken)
- shredded cheddar cheese, you decide how much (you can also crumble blue cheese on top)
- Frito corn chip, Tostito scoops, fresh cut veggies
- Beat cream cheese, ranch dressing, and red hot sauce (if you want it extra spicy, you can add a few drops of extra hot sauce)
- Fold in shredded chicken.
- Spread mixture into pie plate (or 8×8 disposable aluminum baking dish) sprayed with Pam.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- Add cheddar cheese to top.
- Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with chips or fresh veggies.