Good morning y’all! It’s a rainy morning in Atlanta but we are one day closer to the weekend! Ever have one of those weeks where you feel like a salmon swimming up stream? It has been one of those weeks for this Hungry Southern Belle but I would be remiss in posting this amazing new recipe I tried courtesy of guess where??? Barre3 of course! Not only was this dish super healthy but it was a gorgeous presentation. I will most definitely be preparing this again as it is entertaining worthy! So while I may have felt like a salmon swimming up stream, this salmon dish was an absolute winner! Enjoy y’all!!
Salmon En Papillote with Lemon + Julienned Vegetables
(Recipe courtesy of Chef Abby Fammartino, owner/chef at Abby’s Table, in Portland, OR)
4 sheets parchment paper
4 6-ounce pieces of salmon or wild cod, pin bones removed
2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1 medium shallot, sliced (3 ½ inch length by ¼ inch width, more or less)
1 large carrot, sliced into 3-inch by ¼-inch pieces
1 zucchini, sliced into 3-inch by ¼-inch pieces
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 lemon, sliced thinly
1/2 cup dill
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut each parchment sheet into a large heart by folding in half and cutting the exterior of the heart shape, using most of parchment sheet. Place open heart shape on cutting board and brush the right side with olive oil.
- Place fish onto oiled side of heart, and top with salt, pepper, lemon slices and herb of choice. Add julienned vegetables on top of herbs, and then drizzle each packet with olive oil and another sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Using a tight rolling technique, fold the packet into a half heart shape, sealing well to ensure steaming will occur. Be sure to fold over the previous fold’s edge to create the best results. Repeat with each portion.
- Transfer packets to a baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until packet puffs.
- Remove the packets using a metal spatula. Serve directly onto plates and allow guests to open their packets at the table. Fancy and easy!