11 Flares 11 Flares ×
Hi y’all! It’s been a busy few weeks for the Hungry Southern Belle kitchen. Road trips, work etc. have kept me from posting but certainly not from trying out some fun, new and yummy recipes! This simple frittata recipe is perfect with fresh flavors from the roasted asparagus, creamy, tangy goat cheese and spicy chicken sausage. This was perfect for a busy work night but would also be just as yummy for a brunch or a make-ahead breakfast. You could easily make this a vegetarian recipe by omitting the chicken sausage. I also served this with a mixed power green salad with avocado, champagne vinegar and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Enjoy!
Roasted Asparagus, Spicy Chicken Sausage and Goat Cheese Frittata
- 1 bunch asparagus – left whole, stems trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch salt and pepper
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces goat cheese (or feta)
- 3 links of organic spicy chicken (precooked) sausage cut into bite size pieces (I used the spicy chicken sausage from Bilinski’s)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Toss asparagus with olive oil and a pinch of kosher salt and pepper. Lay in even layer on baking sheet and roast for 10-15 minutes or until slightly charred.
- Remove asparagus from the oven and set aside to cool slightly. (Leave oven at 400 degrees.) Cut into bite-sized pieces and set aside, leaving a few whole if you wish to “decorate” the frittata before baking.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Pre-heat large non-stick, oven-safe pan over medium heat and add chopped asparagus and sausage piecees to the pan. Although the asparagus is already cooked, this will allow you to grease the pan a bit with the olive oil from roasting.
- Sauté the asparagus and sausage for 1 minute before pouring the egg mixture into the pan. Stir once with a rubber spatula then scatter the goat cheese on top as well as the reserved decorative asparagus spears.
- Place pan in the oven and bake until eggs are set, 12-18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and slice in eighths. Serve warm, room temperature or chilled.