It’s time to bust out that spiralizer y’all! With all of the amazing zucchini and squash available at our local farmers markets, I saw this recipe and thought it would be a great one to test out and I wasn’t wrong! This was a delicious blend of flavors with the heat from the sausage and red pepper flakes and the peppery flavor from the Parmesan. Add the kale and zucchini and you have a dish that is sure to please all taste buds! Not to mention that it didn’t take long to prep or cook! Perfect for a weekday evening meal. Enjoy y’all!
Spicy Parmesan-Garlic Zucchini Pasta with Sausage and Kalettes
- 2 spicy Italian sausage links, decased and sliced into ½” thick chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup diced sweet onion (or red onion)
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (or less/omit if you don’t like spicy)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2.5 cups halved kalettes (or baby kale if kalettes are unavailable)
- 2 medium zucchinis, Blade C
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese + more for garnish (if desired)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the sausage, cooking for 10-12 minutes or until it browns and cooks completely. Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon and set aside on a plate.
- Immediately add in the garlic, onions, red pepper flakes, olive oil and kalettes (or baby kale if using instead). Let cook for 2-3 minutes or until kalettes begin to cook. Then, add in the zucchini pasta and toss for 2-3 more minutes or until noodles are al dente.
- Add in the parmesan cheese and sausage and toss until combined and cheese is melted.
- Divide into bowls and serve, garnished with additional parmesan, if desired.