Hi y’all from the Hungry Southern Belle house! I hope this post finds all of our friends and followers having enjoyed a fabulous summer. It’s almost our favorite time of year – COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! Woo hoo! We can’t wait to cheer on our Auburn and Clemson Tigers respectively.
We recently tested a delicious recipe courtesy of the Clean Eating magazine. The flavors from the gremolata (a mix of chopped herbs, garlic and fresh lime zest) was perfect with the grilled cod, poblano peppers and avocados! We even had some of the grilled poblano peppers left over that I turned into a lovely creamy poblano soup. Yumm!!! Enjoy y’all!
Grilled Fish & Poblano Tacos with fresh Gremolata
6 tbsp fresh cilantro
¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
3 cloves garlic
½ serrano chile, halved and seeded
2 tsp finely chopped lime zest + 3 limes, quartered, for serving
12 6-inch corn tortillas
4 poblanos (4 oz each), each cut into 3–4 large pieces, stemmed and seeded
4½ tbsp olive oil, divided
3 avocados, halved and pitted
1¼ tsp sea salt, divided
¾ tsp ground black pepper, divided
1½ lb skinless cod fillets
1 tsp ground coriander
1. Prepare gremolata: On a cutting board, chop cilantro, parsley, garlic, chile and lime zest together (or pulse together in a food processor). Refrigerate.
2. Preheat a grill or grill pan on medium. Since it was a rainy day when I first tried out the recipe, we used our Cuisinart Griddler. Grill tortillas until grill-marked, about 2 minutes per side.
3. Brush poblanos with 2 tbsp oil and halved avocados with 1 tbsp oil. Grill avocados on high, cut side down, until grill-marked, about 2 minutes. Grill poblanos until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes per side. Season poblanos with ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Thinly slice poblanos crosswise and thinly slice avocados.
4. Reduce heat on grill to medium. Brush cod with remaining 1½ tbsp oil, sprinkle with coriander, ¾ tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper, and grill until marked and flaky, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and flake into large chunks.
5. Divide avocados, poblano, flaked fish and gremolata among tortillas. Serve with lime wedges.