This southern girl LOVES Thai food. I have always loved a spicy curry but tend not to have it often because of the higher fat content. When I found this Weight Watchers recipe, I was intrigued. Could something so delicious be healthy too?!? I’m here to tell you that YES! It was delicious, nutritious and point friendly for those of you who do Weight Watchers. I ended up using some boneless, skinless chicken thighs that I had on hand (which only adjusts your point value slightly) and served it on top of a small serving of jasmine rice (those are extra points too). YUMM! It was also great the next day at lunch. This will definitely be a keeper in this girls kitchen!
Spicy Green Curry Cilantro Shrimp
- Cooking Spray
- 1.5 pounds peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (@ 1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 lime wedges
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shrimp. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While shrimp cooks, combine coconut milk and next 5 ingredients, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Add to shrimp in the pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Sprinkle evenly with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Yield: 4 servings (@ 1 cup serving size) and 1 lime wedge
5 points per serving