Thanks to a recipe posted by The Rawtarian, I was introduced to this refreshing sweet treat for summer. Her take on the Raw Banana Cream Pie is very easy to make and a perfect “freezer pie” for the hot summer months. The overall filling texture is smooth and creamy while the crust offers the perfect blend of coconut and cashew crunch. The pie definitely needs to be stored in the freezer and will “keep” for up to a week. I cut mine into bite size bars and shared with my “test kitchen” group of friends at my local barre3 studio. Lots of “yumm’s”, so this recipe will be joining the repeat category! Enjoy y’all!
Raw Banana Cream Pie
(Recipe courtesy of The Rawtarian)
1 cup cashews
1 cup dried, unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup dates
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 medium bananas
3/4 cup cashews
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1. Place all crust ingredients in the food processor. Process until the mixture sticks together and the dates are well processed.
2. Dump crust mixture into your pie crust/glass dish. Press the crust down firmly in your dish with your hands. (Crust is now done.)
3. Add all banana filling ingredients to your blender. Blend until creamy and smooth.
4. Pour banana cream filling onto the crust. Smooth out with the back of a spoon.
8. Cover and throw in freezer. Ideally should be frozen overnight to firm up so that it can be sliced perfectly.
9. This raw banana cream pie recipe should always be kept in the freezer. (It’ll get soggy if in the fridge.)