TGIF from your favorite Hungry Southern Belle! We’ve been featuring lots of sweet treats lately (which have all been SO very delicious) but as we head into the weekend, we thought something for the grill would be equally as yummy! This recipe takes no time at all to prepare but is bursting with tons of flavor! I happened to grab some beautiful heirloom cherry tomatoes. They were so sweet and juicy and the perfect combination with the tart flavors in the fresh lemons. This dish was perfect as prepared but also delicious on a baby kale salad the next day with some crumbled goat cheese. Enjoy y’all!
Grilled Chicken Thighs with Roasted Grape Tomatoes
(recipe courtesy of Cooking Light)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Prepare grill.
2. To prepare chicken, combine first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes, turning the bag occasionally.
3. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until done.
4. Preheat oven to 425°.
5. To prepare tomatoes, combine tomatoes and 2 teaspoons oil in an 8-inch square baking dish; toss gently. Bake at 425° for 18 minutes or until tomatoes are tender. Combine tomato mixture, parsley, and remaining ingredients, stirring gently. Serve with chicken.