So this Hungry Southern Belle has been on a bit of a sweet tooth kick of late (or better said, this Hungry Southern Belle’s “test kitchen” friends have had some sweet cravings – ha!) Ask and you shall receive! One of my barre3 Atlanta-South Buckhead beauties loves lemons and blueberries, so I surprised her with this delightful summer treat, Raw Lemon Meltaways (recipe courtesy of the Detoxinita. Both whole and clean, this recipe uses natural lemon juices which adds a bright tartness in combination to the sweetness of locally sourced honey. Both yummy and sustainable! Pop a blueberry on top and you instantly have a sweet treat that can be enjoyed immediately or frozen to enjoy when that sweet tooth strikes! Enjoy y’all!
Raw Lemon Meltaways
- ½ cup raw cashew butter
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (optional)
- mini paper baking cups
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix until very smooth and creamy.
- On a baking sheet, lay out the mini baking cups. Spoon the batter into each cup, then place in the freezer to set for 30 minutes, or until solid.
- Garnish with additional lemon zest and blueberry, if you like, and serve immediately!