Hello from this ridiculously happy Hungry Southern Belle. I’ve been a bit off the grid for the last couple of weeks but for good reason. I had the amazing opportunity to have been selected as a small group facilitator for the Kappa Kappa Gamma Leadership Academy (which you can read all about in the next couple of weeks on my sister site My Steel Magnolia Life), and of course all of our college football travels. You came here to read all about food though now didn’t you?? I’ve been compiling lots of yummy recipes to share but for now, I MUST share this deliciously fall recipe I discovered on My Whole Food Life. I am SO glad that she shares a passion for all things pumpkin like myself. This recipe has lots of subtle flavors…. is super easy to make… and took no time at all to prepare. I’ll be sharing with my friends at my “Barre3 Atlanta – South Buckhead Test Kitchen” this evening. Be ready ladies! Riche wasn’t wanting to share any of these!!! Enjoy y’all!
(recipe courtesy of My Whole Food Life)
For the pumpkin:
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree (or 1 can pumpkin)
- 1 cup coconut butter
- 3 T maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
For the chocolate coating:
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- In the food processor, combine all the ingredients for the pumpkin cream. Blend until smooth.
- Stick the food processor bowl in the fridge to firm up a little. About 10 minutes.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop mixture onto a lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer to firm while you make the chocolate mixture.
- To make the chocolate use a double boiler method. Fill a saucepan with water and bring it to a boil.
- Place a glass bowl on top of the pot with the water. Add the chocolate chips and almond milk to the glass bowl and gently melt the chocolate.
- Once all the chocolate is melted, use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate over each truffle.
- Place in the fridge to firm up the chocolate.
(Please keep these truffles in the fridge. They should last a couple weeks. You can freeze them for longer storage. Enjoy!)