TGIF y’all from the Hungry Southern Belle house. It’s Friday and it’s another game day weekend. So this post is going to be short, sweet and easy. Who doesn’t love easy??? These delicious little treats would be perfect for game day! We made our own “tostada’s” that are FODMAP friendly by popping some fresh corn tortilla’s under the broiler just until crisp on both sides. Yumm! Enjoy y’all!
- 1 pound lean ground meat (chicken breast, turkey, beef etc)
- 2 teaspoon ground chili powder (FODMAPers note: many brands have garlic so choose a variety that does not!)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, or more to taste
- 1 cup diced tomatoes or fresh chopped, drained of juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 tostado shells or fresh broiled corn tortilla’s as I mentioned above
- 1 cup grated sharp or low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions, finely chopped (FODMAP followers use green part only)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add meat. (May need to add a TB oil if meat is particularly lean)
- Cook meat, crumbling and stirring for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add chili powder, cumin, and tomatoes to the skillet. Reduce heat and cook for another 5 minutes or until meat is thoroughly cooked. Season with a bit of salt and pepper if desired.
- On a large cookie sheet, spread out tostada shells (some may overlap a small amount). Divide meat mixture evenly among tostadas.
- Sprinkle cheddar evenly over meat. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with scallions, if desired.
- Serve with a side salad and a 1-2 slices of avocado.