Hi y’all from the Hungry Southern Belle house! There’s been lots of yummy cooking going on in the kitchen and we have a DELICIOUS one to share with you today. SO delicious that we made it twice this week!!! Once with the seared salmon and then again with smoked ribs. The options are endless! Visit your local farmers market and add fresh veggies to make it your own recipe if you so desire. Enjoy y’all!
- 6 ounces uncooked soba (buckwheat noodles)
- Cooking spray
- 1 (1-pound) sushi-grade salmon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped English cucumber
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut radishes
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold water. Drain; set aside.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle both sides of salmon with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Place salmon in pan, and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Transfer to a platter; cool slightly. Cut tuna into 6 equal pieces.
Combine noodles, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, cucumber, and remaining ingredients except sesame seeds in a large bowl; toss well to combine. Arrange 1 cup noodle mixture onto each of 6 plates. Top each serving with 1 teaspoon sesame seeds and 1 salmon piece.