It has been a lucky week for the Hungry Southern Belle kitchen with some delicious recipe wins! This recipe for pork chops stuffed with feta, sun dried tomatoes and arugula was definitely on the top of the list! The flavors blend brilliantly and were delicious paired with a fresh power green salad with cherry heirloom tomatoes. You could easily play around with the greens and use spinach instead of arugula, goat cheese instead of feta and maybe even chopped dried cherries instead of sun dried tomatoes. This would be perfect for when you are entertaining friends for dinner. Enjoy y’all!
- Cooking spray
- 4 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil, diced
- @ 2 cups chopped arugula 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) block-style cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 2 garlic cloves; sauté 1 minute.
Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, tomatoes, and arugula; sauté until moisture evaporates. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses and rind.
Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each pork chop to form a pocket. Stuff about 1/4 cup spinach mixture into each pocket.
Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper over pork. Arrange pork on the rack of a broiler pan or roasting pan coated with cooking spray; place rack in pan. Combine remaining 2 garlic cloves, juice, mustard, and oregano in a bowl; stir well.