Hi y’all from the Hungry Southern Belle kitchen! We have a recipe that is sure to please!!! This recipe (courtesy of Cooking Light) for Cheesy Meat Loaf Mini’s was a yummy treat that was a healthier version of a classic comfort food. Add a little bit of cheese and it makes for a healthy but decadent tasting meal. We paired ours with fresh okra. YUMM! Enjoy y’all!
Cheesy Meat Loaf Minis
- 1 ounce fresh breadcrumbs (about 1/2 cup)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces white cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add breadcrumbs; cook 3 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently.
3. While breadcrumbs cook, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Combine onion mixture, breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup ketchup, and remaining ingredients. Shape into 6 (4 x 2-inch) loaves on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; spread 2 teaspoons ketchup over each. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until done.