Hi y’all from the Hungry Southern Belle house! It’s football season and that means tailgating!!! We’ve been busy traveling for the games but that doesn’t mean we haven’t been testing out new recipes in the kitchen. This is one of my favorites from the season so far! It’s perfect for tailgating – hearty for those looking for something with substance but healthy for those watching their waistlines. It would also be a great dish for a picnic, cocktail party, baby or bridal shower. Shredded chicken salad prepared with fresh herbs a perfect finger good served up in tomato cups. Enjoy y’all!!!
Chicken Salad Tomato Cups
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces deli-roasted chicken, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- 18 Campari tomatoes, halved crosswise
- Garnish: fresh chives
1. Stir together first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl; gently stir in chicken.
2. Carefully scoop out and discard tomato pulp, leaving a 1/8-inch shell. Place tomato shells upside down on several layers of paper towels; let drain 5 minutes.
3. Spoon about 1 Tbsp. chicken salad into each tomato shell. Garnish, if desired.