Hi y’all from the Hungry Southern Belle house! I am SO excited to be back on track with being back at the barre3 Atlanta South Buckhead studio and off my medical “bench” just in time for the barre3 7 Day Body Blast Challenge. For those of you who haven’t done a 7 day challenge before, it’s a great way to reset your eating and working out habits and for this Hungry Southern Belle, a great reason to test out new soup recipes!!! You’ll LOVE this recipe for a deliciously creamy East Indies Green Soup! Not only is this low FODMAP recipe beautiful in it’s green and red colors, it’s a delightfully fragrant soup that would pair nicely with a crusty bread or fresh spring salad. This would also be great served chilled during the summer with crumbled goat cheese on top. This will definitely be a repeat in our recipe box! Enjoy y’all!
East Indies Green Soup
- 2 tablespoons garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger root, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon group allspice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 4 cups zucchini, diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup cooked chicken pieces
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- Heat the garlic infused olive oil in a stock pot until fragrant. Stir in the ginger and spices and cook for 5 minutes. Add the chicken stock, potatoes and zucchini. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove soup from heat, adjust seasonings, and stir in the spinach. Using a stick blender, blend soup until smooth.
- Stir in chicken pieces and transfer soup into bowls. Garnish with red bell pepper.