Barre3 Lemony Baked Chicken & Cauliflower Puree with Garlicky Swiss Chard
Greetings y’all! For those of you that know me, know that I am a huge fan and believer in Barre3. That’s a whole other post that I will write later, but one of the cornerstones of their lifestyle is nutrition. As they wrote on their blog, “Here’s the thing: we all have to eat. But there’s a big difference between feeding your body and nourishing it.” There are so many delicious recipes in their online database. I choose the Lemony Baked Chicken and Cauliflower Puree for our family dinner this week and needless to say, there were no leftovers! A delish and hearty combination of flavors are sure to delight everyone in the family! Enjoy!
(Recipes courtesy of Barre3 online recipe archive – be sure to increase recipe to suit your desired serving size)
Lemony Baked Chicken
3 chicken breasts, skinless & boneless
1/4 cup olive oil
1 lemon, cut in half
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Extra salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Rinse the chicken, and pat it dry. Set aside.
- Place olive oil, juice of half of the lemon, garlic, 1/2 tsp. salt, and pepper in a large bowl, and whisk together. Roll each chicken breast in the olive oil mixture, and place side by side in a 9” x 13” glass cooking dish.
- Slice the second half of the lemon into half moons, and tuck them around the chicken breasts in the pan. Pour remaining olive-oil mixture evenly over the chicken, and sprinkle with a pinch of extra salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts. After 20 minutes, remove from the oven and baste juices on top of the chicken. Bake an additional 10-20 minutes as needed. Remove from oven again, and let sit for 5 minutes to seal in the juices. Serve warm.
Cauliflower Puree with Garlicky Swiss Chard
1 large head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
Pepper to taste
1 large bunch of swiss chard, tough stems removed and chopped
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbsp. water
3 large cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup pine nuts
salt and pepper to taste
1. Set a steamer basket in a large pot and fill with water until it reaches just below the basket. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, reduce heat, cover and steam until cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes.
2. While cauliflower steams, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pine nuts and toast for about 2 minutes, stirring often. Remove pine nuts and set aside. Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Once oil is heated, add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Sauté for about 1 minute, stirring often. Add swiss chard and 3 Tbsp. water. Reduce heat to low and sauté until chard is tender and wilted, about 5 to 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Once cauliflower is ready, transfer to a high-speed blender and add 3 Tbsp. olive oil, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Process until smooth.
4. Place cauliflower in a large serving bowl topped with chard and pine nuts. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
No comments yet.